If you’re looking for a new way to use your leftovers with a twist, these giant samosas are a great to pack flavour into every bite, whilst getting the most out of the food no one could fit in during the Christmas Day meal!
3 tbsp curry paste
2 tbsp mango chutney
2 tbsp natural yoghurt (plus extra for serving)
200g leftover cooked potatoes, chopped into small chunks
250g cooked turkey or chicken, chopped into small pieces
250g frozen pes
270g pack filo pastry (6 sheets)
4 tbsp vegetable oil
1 egg, beaten
1 tbsp sesame seeds
- Combine the curry paste, mango chutney and yoghurt together and mix well.
- Fold in the potatoes, turkey and peas and seasons well
- Heat the oven to 200C/180C fan.
- Cut the sheets of filo pastry in half lengthways to you have 12 strips (tip: keep the pastry covered with a tea towel to prevent it drying out while you work)
- Layer 3 sheets of filo, brushing oil in between each layer. Pile a quarter of the filling in the top corner of the pastry in a triangle shape. Fold the pastry over to encase the filling. keep folding until the parcel is sealed and the filo is used up.
- Brush the edges with the beaten egg and repeat.
- Lay the samosas on a baking sheet and brush the tops with beaten egg. Bake for 35 minutes or until the samosas are golden brown.
- Serve with any remaining yoghurt and chutney.