Why not try a new Boxing Day tradition? Get the most our of your scraps left from the Christmas Day feast with this leftover turkey curry.
1 medium onion, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 green pepper, sliced
3 cloves garlic, crushed
3cm ginger, grated
3 teaspoons garam masala
2 tsp tumeric
500g leftover turkey or chicken, shredded
350ml patata or chopped tomatoes
200ml coconut milk
200g rice or naan
- Place some vegetable oil, the onions and peppers in a deep pan and cook over a gentle heat with the lid on until softened.
- Meanwhile, cook the rice.
- Add chilli, garlic, ginger, garam masala and turmeric and fry gently for 2 minutes
- Add the turkey, pasta or chopped tomatoes, coconut milk and season. Bring to the boil before simmering for 10 minutes, until the sauce has thickened slightly
- Serve with the rice or naan