Oli Khan’s Spiced Vegetable Pakoras
150g chickpea flour (Gram flour)
4 medium sized onions, julienne cut
2 green chillies, finely chopped
100g cabbage, finely chopped
100g fresh spinach leaves, chopped
2 medium potatoes, finely cut
1 tsp mixed spice powder
¼ tsp chilli powder (if you wanted to make it spicy)
2 tsp fresh coriander leaves, finely chopped
1 tsp fenugreek, fennel & onion seed mixed
1 medium egg
2 lt oil for deep frying
Salt to taste
- Mix all the chopped vegetables and green chillies in a bowl.
- Put all the spices, seeds, pinch of salt, garlic, ginger paste and eggs in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Now mix all the above with gram flour. Leave in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Knead the mixture with your hands and make small round or oval shaped balls from the mixture.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan to a high temp. Drop in a few pakora at a time and flip carefully with a perforated frying spoon.
- Fry until the pakora turns crispy and golden brown. Rest on paper towels to absorb any extra oil.
- Ready to serve with tamarind and coriander chutney.