Dainton Park Golf Day – 28th July 2021
You are invited to join us at for The Soldiers’ Charity golf day at Dainton Park golf club, situated in the heart of South Devon.
At 6,400yds off the competition tees, Dainton Park can cope with all manner of tournament golf. So much so, in 2016 it was selected by the Devon County Golf Union to host the Devon Amateur Championship, which saw the very best local golfers competing for the county’s most prestigious title.
But off the yellow tees the golf course is much more manageable for the regular golfer. At 5,772yds it is still a test, but there are far fewer carries over water and rough ground compared to the elevated back tees. Whatever your ability, Dainton Park has a golf course to suit your game.
The club’s doors first opened in the early 90’s to anyone wishing to enjoy a social, healthy lifestyle and from the beginning it’s worked hard to break down the barriers within the golfing world and encourage greater participation and social mobility.
Over the years, the course has matured into an enjoyable test of golf for all abilities. Their professional coaches continue to introduce novice golfers to the game, while their league teams regularly enjoy success at county level.
The aim is to have an enjoyable day on this beautiful golf course, while raising money for our charity in support of soldiers, veterans and their families.
Interested in entering as part of a corporate or work team?
Do you know four people or more interested in entering a team from your company? If so, feel free to get in touch with the South West team on 07805 893911.
08:30 – Golf club and practice facilities available
08:30 – Registration opens – tea, coffee and bacon rolls
09:30 – Tee times
15:30 – 19th hole, bar open
16:00 – Two course meal, presentations followed by prize giving
England Golf statement: Latest guidance from the government on golf in England.
- Men’s Team of Three 18 Hole Stableford: Prizes for 1st and 2nd Teams(Yellow Tees).
- Ladies’ Team of Three 18 Hole Stableford: Prizes for 1st and 2nd Teams(Red Tees).
- Golfers Lucky Dip Envelope: Cash Prizes for drawing a player who is a member of either of the Men’s or Ladies’ Winning Team.
- Waterloo Putting Challenge: Prize for Lowest Score.
- Nearest the Gin(NG)(7th Hole): Prize for winner only.
- Beat the Pro(BP)(8th Hole): Prize for winner to be drawn at prize giving from Pro’s.
list of those who have succeeded.
- Nearest the Line(NL)(11th Hole): Prize for winner only.
- Longest Drive(LD)(12th and 16th Holes): Prize for both men & ladies’ winners.
- Nearest the Bull(NB)(13th Hole): Prize for winner only.
- Nearest Pin(NP)(15th Hole): Prize for both men & ladies’ winners.
- David Knight Memorial Challenge(4th,8th,15th and 17th): Lowest combined gross score for the Par 3s.
- Various reward and consolation prizes.
- The Golfers Lucky Dip Envelope is a competition costing £5 per player (included in the cost for the day), which buys a sealed unmarked envelope on arrival at reception which contains the name of one of the golfers playing that day. If that name is a member of either the Men’s or Ladies winning team then you will be rewarded with a cash prize.
- The Waterloo Putting Challenge costs £1 per player. This competition on the carefully reset practice putting green is a gentle reminder that both pace and line will be needed later. Similarly, the Beat the Pro competition costs £1 per player. Those surpassing the Pro’s shot to the green will be entered in a draw to take place during the prize giving.
Throughout the day there will be an assortment of individual and team competitions and various other rewards and consolation prizes.
- Format: Stableford (three to count on each hole). Each player will receive full handicap allowance subject to the maximum number of strokes received by an individual being limited to 28 for men and 28 for ladies.
- Handicap: 28
- Tees: Yellow’s for gents. Red’s for ladies
- Cost: £48 per person or £28 for members of Dainton Park Golf Club
Feel free to get in touch with the South West team on 07805 893911.
Please complete ABF Devon Charity Golf Day 2021 Entry Form . If you have more than one team, please photocopy to enter and return to Henrietta Olsson by post or email by Friday 23rd July 2021. If you have any questions, please get in touch with the South West team. Teams are welcome from military units, companies, golf clubs and golf societies.
To learn more about our charity golf days around the UK, simply follow Golf.
Your Privacy Matters
Of course, we will need to communicate with you about this event, after that it is up to you. Registration allows you to choose how (or if) we communicate with you in the future. We value your privacy; our full privacy statement can be found here.