Charity Golf Day – Duddingston GC
18th May 2023
Capital City Golf
Join us at our Duddingston Charity Golf Day – on one of the most outstanding parkland courses in the Lothians and Scotland. Within the capital, and beneath the spectacular backdrop of Arthur’s Seat, you will find one of Scotland’s most outstanding parkland courses.
Situated within minutes of Edinburgh’s busy city centre, this tranquil setting has been home to Duddingston Golf Club since 1895 – a course with rich history and known for its challenging design and sweeping fairways. Set in delightful surroundings, the Braid Burn is a key feature, which meanders throughout the course, coming into play on no fewer than 14 of the 18 holes, always sitting in wait to grab that errant shot!
The clubhouse offers first class facilities with a wonderful welcoming staff who cater for all your needs. The award-winning chefs add to the culinary experience. They look forward to welcoming you on the day.
ABF The Soldiers’ Charity would like to welcome you for a fun charity golf competition at one of the most outstanding parkland courses in Scotland.
Charity Golf Competition
Join us in the shadow of Arthur’s Seat for an amazing charity golf competition, with the following packages to choose from:
- 4 ball costs £300.
- Corporate sponsor the event from £500
- Corporate hole sponsorship £250
- Nearest to pin, Nearest the Pin in 2 & Nearest the Fairway Flag – sponsorship available
- Join the Hole in One Club for a chance of a lifetime
- Mulligan balloons £10 each
For anyone not familiar, these balloons entitle you to a free shot. At any point in the game where your shot didn’t quite go to plan, you just pop one of your balloons and retake your shot. If you’re lucky, one of these balloons includes a prize! Please bring some cash with you.
“Duddingston is a great test of golf – one of the best in Edinburgh. The course was in fantastic condition”
2014 Pro Challenge winner, Gareth Wright.
Enter as part of a corporate or work team?
Do you know someone at work interested in golf & supporting a worthwhile charity. If so, feel free to get in touch with the Scotland team on 0131 376 4008 or email.
“The harder you practise the luckier you get.” – Gary Player
The day includes
- On-course competitions
- Prize-draw entry
- Goody bag opportunity
- Breakfast rolls with tea/coffee
- Stunning carvery lunch
- Silent auction with various ‘money can’t buy’ opportunities
07:30 – Golf club and practice facilities available
07:45 – Registration opens – tea, coffee, bacon rolls
08:15 – Briefing
09:00 – Shotgun start, followed by 18 holes
13:30 – Lunch
14:00 – Prize draw, silent auction
Duddingston Golf Dress Code
On the course is normal golf attire and in the clubhouse is smart casual. No jeans, t-shirts or rugby tops.
The Hole in One Club
This year we have an exciting prize up for grabs. The Hole in One Club are offering all UK charity golf days the prize of a free trip to the iconic TPC Sawgrass in Florida should anyone make a hole in one. Please take a look at information mailshot here.
The Hole In One Club was formed five years ago with the aim of creating a golfing community who share in the love of golf and dream of scoring a hole in one. The achievement of that single shot would then be rewarded with a suitable prize, an opportunity to win a fully expensed trip to TPC Sawgrass.
On the day one of The Hole in One Club representatives will be positioned on a Par 3 tee box making HIO Sign Ups for £10 (12 months) all sign ups will receive a bag tag and if they hit the green receive a sleeve of golf balls. The HIO Club will donate 25% of all sign up fees back to the charity at the end of the event.
Sign up to the Hole in One Club for £10 per year, and if you land a verified ace during the 2022/23 season, then you could be on your way to TPC Sawgrass in Florida, USA for the golfing experience of a lifetime!
The Hole in One Club gives members the thrill of playing for a huge prize every time that they step foot on the tee at a par 3 or even par 4, so what are you waiting for?
- Prizes for 1st, 2nd & 3rd Teams
- Nearest the pin (14th), Nearest the Pin in 2 (9th) & Nearest the Fairway Flag (TBC)
- Sponsorship opportunities available, please contact email@example.com.
- Format – Texas Scramble.
- Playing handicap allowance – Max 24 for men & 32 for ladies. (If you’re above 24 or 32 respectively, unfortunately you’ll be cut for this competition).
- Team handicap allowance – 10% of the full team handicap.
- Minimum of 3 drives from each player.
- Tees – Yellows for gents & Reds for ladies.
- 3 Buggies available if required, first come first served unfortunately.
- Any food allergies or special requests to event organiser at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thu 11 May 23
Feel free to get in touch with the Scotland team on 0131 376 4008 or email.
Duddingston Golf Registration
Register as a 4 Ball to take part in the Duddingston Charity Golf Day, please click on this LINK