Norfolk Speaker’s Lunch
IN CONVERSATION WITH PAGEANT MASTER BRUNO PEEK CVO OBE OPR
Date: Wednesday 18th October 2023
Time: Gathering from 12:00 noon with Lunch at 12:30
About: Bruno Peek is one of Britain’s leading event organisers having managed and co-ordinated international events. Many events which he devised to celebrate and commemorate important moments in history for more than 38 years. Born and still living in Norfolk Bruno has masterminded some of this country’s most memorable celebrations. Events have included The Queen’s Golden Jubilee Summer Party, Platinum, Diamond and Golden Jubilee Beacons, The Queen’s 90th Birthday Beacons and Beacon Millennium. Along with 60th Anniversary events commemorating the end of World War II. Most recently organising the very popular and successful lighting of an estimated 3,500 Beacons across the Country and Commonwealth to mark the start of The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. He also co-ordinated a celebration for the 10th Anniversary of the signing of the Commonwealth Charter. He is currently working on a project to mark the 80th Anniversary of D Day.
Bruno was awarded the Order of Polonia Restituta (OPR) by the previous President of Poland in 1988, appointed an OBE in The Queen’s Birthday Honours in June 2000. He was appointed a Member of The Royal Victorian Order (MVO) in June 2002 and a Lieutenant of The Royal Victorian Order (LVO) in June 2012 by Her Majesty The Queen. Most recently he was appointed a Commander of The Royal Victorian Order (CVO) by His Majesty The King in the 2023 New Year’s Honours.
Bruno does not give public speeches but has kindly agreed to talk to us by way of answering any questions those attending the Norfolk Speaker’s Lunch may have. So please come along to this event with a difference to both actively participate by asking any queries you may have as well as listen to his responses to those raised by others.
Dress Code: Jacket & Tie
- Confit Chicken Leg with Hassle back potato, sauteed chestnuts with pancetta, sprouting broccoli, peppercorn sauce & braised scallions.
- Black Forest Crème Brulee with Chocolate biscotti
- Coffee & Talk
£37.50 per person – Including lunch, a glass of wine, coffee
- £10 per ticket will be donated to the Army Benevolent Fund. Due to this The Norfolk Club are only accepting payments for this event in cash or cheque made payable to ‘The Norfolk Club’. Please advise any allergy or dietary requirements and pay when booking.
- To book please contact the steward by Friday 13th October
EVENTS BOOKING POLICY
- All events can be booked through The Norfolk Club’s Newsletter, by email to: Bar@thenorfolkclub.co.uk or calling the club on 01603 626767.
- Payment will need to be taken prior to this to complete your booking.
- If a cancellation is made up to 48 hours prior to an event, a full refund will be issued. Any cancellations received after this time will NOT be refunded.