Sedgemoor Battlefield Tour – July 5th 2023
General Sir John Deverell will lead a tour of the Sedgemoor Battlefield on Wednesday 5th July. The tour cost includes lunch and travel around the Sedgemoor area.
The Battle of Sedgemoor was the final battle of the Monmouth Rebellion which took place on 6th July 1685 and followed a series of skirmishes around South-West England between the rebel forces of James Scott, First Duke of Monmouth, and forces loyal to James II.
On the day
- Once parked please bring what you need for the day in a bag/rucksack.
- 09:15-09:45 Arrive St Mary’s Church, Bridgwater. The church kindly provide tea and coffee in return for a donation. You may wish to allow sufficient time to look around St Mary’s before 10:00.
- Please be seated in the nave by 1o am when General Sir John Deverell will begin the Tour. This initial stand and talk will last approximately 45 minutes.
- Before lunch there are other stands including the site of the battle. Each stand is accessed by minibus and a short walk.
- Lunch takes place at the Bere Cider Company.
- The final and only stand after lunch takes place at St Mary’s Church, Westonzoyland.
- All return to Bridgwater just after 4pm.
St Mary’s Church Bridgwater is a five minute walk from most car parking options. Parking is also available at Angel Place Shopping Centre, TA6 3TQ.
The cost of the day is £35 per person. This includes transport and lunch.
Places for this event are limited so please call us on 01392 496412 or email email@example.com to reserve your place.