Sri Lanka Tuk Tuk Challenge
5th-11th September 2021
The Sri Lanka Tuk Tuk Challenge is an adventure travel challenge that sees teams take on the winding roads of Sri Lanka in their own tuk tuks!
Each tuk tuk can hold three people, so assemble your fundraising dream team and get ready for an adventure like no other.
The three-wheeled expedition around Sri Lanka showcases the island’s rich culture & dramatic scenery, with all accommodation and activities included. This is the ultimate road trip, providing you with the perfect Sri Lankan experience featuring unspoilt beaches, epic mountain scenery, elephant safaris and more. Travelling in convoy with other teams, the group adventure includes expert guides and full support throughout the epic 400km trip.
We’re now looking for supporters with a passion for adventure to fundraise for our charity. Take part in a breath-taking road trip through the mountains, famed tea plantations and white sand beaches of Sri Lanka!
- Firstly you will be given tuk tuk handling lessons in the UK.
- When you arrive in Sri Lanka, you will be met by the team at the airport. You will then have your first challenge – gaining your very own tuk tuk driving license!
- You will then transfer by bus down to Hikkaduwa where your charity tuk tuks will be ready and waiting!
- The expedition route stretches approximately 400kms. It showcases the island’s cultural highlights as well as a variety of dramatic landscapes, ranging from white sand beaches and rolling tea plantations through to mountainous hiking trails in the central highlands.
- Accommodation and activities have been handpicked to provide the most unique travel experience possible. From glamping under the stars to boutique beachside villas, the team is committed to showcase the best Sri Lanka has to offer!
Dates and group size
- The date the Sri Lanka Tuk Tuk Challenge in 2021 is 5th-11th September
- Can’t make it? Sign your team up to one of the three trips taking part in 2022
- Each tuk tuk is a maximum of three people
- 15-30 tuk tuk’s per convoy
- We are able to provide you with a ‘Travel With Confidence’ Policy. Should you wish not to travel for any reason, you are able to change your trip date for free.
Are you interested?
Interested in entering a team?
What about entering as part of a corporate or company team?
Kick off your tuk tuk adventure by reserving your place today at www.ride4charity.co.uk/start-your-engines to secure your place and pay your team’s deposit.
Most importantly it’s then time to for you get fundraising for our charity!