STAYING SAFE DURING COVID-19
ABF The Soldiers’ Charity takes the safety and wellbeing of its staff, volunteers, supporters and third parties working with us very seriously. Throughout the Covid-19 pandemic, the Charity is following the guidance issued by the Government and the Devolved Administrations of the UK.
The Charity has completed comprehensive risk assessments for the National and Regional offices and has identified a range of controls to manage and reduce risks of Covid-19 to the lowest practicable level.
As a result of the risk assessments, the Charity has implemented (where reasonably practicable) a range of controls which include:
- We have taken all reasonable steps to maintain a 2m social distance in the workplace. Where social distancing is not always possible, we have put in place measures to manage transmission risk, including one way pedestrian traffic systems where practicable.
- We have increased the level of signage in the workplace to ensure that social distancing and hygiene standards are observed.
- We have enhanced cleaning, handwashing and hygiene procedures.
- We have provided information, instruction and training to ensure staff are fully aware of the precautions needed to control transmission.
- We are limiting the number of staff working in our offices.
The risk assessments are regularly reviewed and updated weekly by the H&S Officer to ensure controls are still relevant and being implemented.