Join us to raise funds, sponsorship and awareness for two great charities ABF The Soldiers’ Charity and NHS Charities Together.
1. We run a mile to remember the phenomenal work of the NHS on the front line.
2. We run a mile to remember the work of Regular Army medical personnel supporting the NHS in the front line.
3. We run a mile to remember members of the Army Reserve’s medical units who are employees of
4. We run a mile to remember the Army personnel providing logistical and testing support in the battle against COVID-19.
We encourage you all to join us! Run (or walk) your own mile (or more). COVID-19 has affected all of us in different ways, however one thing that is common among us is we are in it together! So, let’s do our mile depending on our abilities. Be creative about how you do your mile. It doesn’t have to be a run, you can use any method of movement as long as you are using your own steam!
Don’t forget, you could do this as part of your daily exercise, around your garden or even in your living room! Once you’ve completed your mile, nominate and encourage members of your family, friends and colleagues to take part in Run A Mile To Remember. The Army family supporting the NHS family. You are not just helping us to raise funds and awareness of these two great charities, you are also working on your physical and mental fitness.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
Please ensure you complete the 3 steps below:
Step 1: Click Here To Complete The Registration Form or scan the QR Code below:
Step 2: If you’re not already signed up to Virgin Money Giving, create your page via: https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/giving/
– Select ABF The Soldiers’ Charity and NHS Charities Together as your chosen charities
– Call your page ‘Run A Mile To Remember’
– If you’re a serving member of a unit include your unit name or create a ‘Unit’ page
Step 3: Using your email address we will add you to our Team Page: http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/RunAMileToRemember
– Please share the link far and wide!
The funds raised by the event will be split between two charities: ABF The Soldiers’ Charity, the Army’s National Charity and NHS Charities Together.
To help raise awareness of these two great charities and the event itself, please share your photos/videos and the fundraising page link along with the hashtag: #RunAMileToRemember
We encourage you to email your photos/videos to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can share widely across our charity social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn).
Individuals or Unit representatives can contact us using any of the details below:
Email: ABF The Soldiers’ Charity: email@example.com
Tel: 07900 707655 / 07436 092625
* Don’t forget when you’re completing your mile (or more), you must risk assess the event, your health and the environment. If you are in doubt contact your GP prior to taking part in the event.
* Don’t forget when you’re completing your mile (or more), you must abide by the Government’s Social Distancing Guidance. More info can be found at: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/staying-alert-and-safe-social-distancing
ABOUT THE CHARITIES:
ABF The Soldiers’ Charity
ABF The Soldiers’ Charity is the National Charity of the British Army, providing a lifetime of support to soldiers, veterans and their immediate families when they are in need. We were founded in 1944 to ensure that soldiers returning from World War Two were cared for well. Since then, the welfare of soldiers, past and present, and their families has been at the heart of everything we do.
While there is a British Army, there will be The Soldiers’ Charity.
Since March we have dispersed approaching £770K to 919 soldiers, veterans and their families in “need”. We have awarded over £2.5m in grants to individuals and charities since lock-down started.
NHS Charities Together
There are more than 230 NHS charities across the UK and most of them focus on helping our hospitals do more. Collectively these charities give £1 million every day to the NHS so that people can stay well for longer and get better faster. In recent years NHS charities have funded major capital projects, pioneering research and medical equipment at our hospitals, helping patients access the best possible care when they need it most.
NHS Charities Together is the new trading name of The Association of NHS Charities, a membership organisation representing, supporting and championing NHS Charities. NHS Charities Together provides a forum for nationwide fundraising and advocacy campaigns; specialist advice and guidance; bespoke conferences and training opportunities, as well as access to online resources and support through exclusive member pages on our website.
NHS Charities Together also provides the collective voice of NHS Charities on a National scale and the impact they make.